Portlandia Club, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, was founded in 1987 by a group of dynamic women committed to creating a club that would afford its members the same opportunities provided by men’s clubs. These included opportunities for business connections, intellectual stimulation, community service and camaraderie. Members are from diverse backgrounds. Many are self-employed; some are corporate professionals or leaders in the community, while others are looking for their next challenge or a place to volunteer. Our members are supported in business, career and professional development in three essential ways:
1. Business and Professional Development
- Monthly Luncheon: Portlandia holds a popular monthly luncheon the first Thursday of every month at The Chart House. This is a wonderful opportunity for members and guests to network in a casual setting before enjoying featured speakers, special mentorship presentations or our popular Networking Derbies. Luncheon Prices: Member lunches are $25.00 and guest lunches are $35.00.
- New Member Receptions: An annual evening networking event, usually held in a member’s home, gives us a chance to introduce new members to the organization, make new friends and connect with one another.
- After Hours events: Bi-monthly business networking events for members and guests.
- Networking Derbies: Held several times per year at our monthly luncheons, the Networking Derbies are a great way to connect with members and guests in a fast-paced and fun setting.
2. Community Support and Service
- Portlandia Club gives back to the community through our financial support for various local causes and our Bridge to the Future Program. For 2015 we selected the following organizations for financial support:
3. Social Events
- Throughout the year, the club organizes member-only social events, such as a beach retreat, holiday party and a variety of bi-monthly members only social events. A group that plays together stays together!