Portlandia Club Luncheon June 2017
- 11:30 am - 1:15 pm
- 111 SW 5th Ave - 30th Floor
Dressing with Intention: How to Look Good, Feel Good and Attract Good Qi
As women professionals, what we wear and how we look makes a big difference in how we’re perceived. It affects not just our credibility and our ability to influence our audience, it also affects our self image and confidence. Dr. Mahzarin Banaji, Harvard Business School professor, author of Blindspot and Project Implicit Bias, attests that we prefer people who are like us and whom we find attractive.
Researchers at Duke University also proved that humans equate truth with beauty, and from an early age—in both genders and across numerous cultures—attractive people are judged to be smarter, kinder, more honest and trustworthy… “what is beautiful is good,” and thus “what is good must be beautiful.”
Psychologists also believe that what we wear affects us psychologically: it alters our moods, stimulates our minds, enhances our self image, makes us feel more self confident and even “powerful.” Visual illusions created by certain patterns, cuts or colors change the appearance of our body and thus affect how others perceive us and how we perceive ourselves. For example, people who dress like the boss are more likely to be appointed and get promoted quicker. The color red is related to power and prosperity.
How would you like to learn how to dress with intention to improve your credibility, feel good and attract positive life forces (Qi) at the same time?
Come to this energetic presentation on how to use different colors based on Feng Shui principles to attract your aspirations in life.
Please join us back at the Portland City Grill. The program will begin promptly at noon so give yourself some time to network by arriving at 11:30.
Your ticket includes parking validation at either of these 2 parking garages for 2.5 hours by Portland City Grill:
- Parking is in the lower level of the Unico US Bank Tower, entrance at 5th and Pine (note if the Parking Full Sign is posted, please proceed and let the valet know you are attending a Portlandia Club event).
- And across the street at 4th and Pine. Parking is free for the first 2½ hours with validation
Alternative Parking for Portland City Grill that is NOT validated:
- Central Parking System – 310 SW 4th Avenue
- Star Park – 610 SW Alder St.
- Smart Park Garages – 808 SW Stark St.
- Alder Street Parking Garage – 615 SW Alder St.
- City Center Parking – 130 SW Stark St.
- Ace Parking – 550 SW Park Ave
- Smart Park – 730 SW 10th Ave
- Smart Park Garages – 818 SW 4th Ave
- Pearl Garage – 1111 NW Davis St.
- Fox Tower Parking Garage – SW Taylor
Lillian Tsai is the Wardrobe Goddess and Founder of Feng Shui Your Wardrobe, a methodology that helps men and women understand how to combine their wardrobe (clothing, shoes and accessories) to dress with intention to enhance, magnify and attract good Qi into their life.
Through wardrobe consultations, shopping expeditions, workshops, or fashion shows, her clients, male and female learn how to choose colors associated with the Five Feng Shui Elements (Water, Wood, Earth, Metal and Fire) to help them attract what they want in life.
Lillian is also founder and President of TsaiComms LLC, a training, coaching and consulting company specializing in diversity and inclusion and cultural competence.
Feng Shui Your Wardrobe has been presented to audiences at:
- Daimler Trucks North America Employee Resource Groups
- International Association for Microsoft Channel Partners – Women in Technology (IAMCP-WIT), Bellevue, WA
- Metropolitan Senior Network
- Microsoft’s Asian Employee Resource Group, Redmond, WA
- Portland Business Journal Sales & Marketing Team, and the Women’s Business Coalition
- Portland Human Resources Management Association’s Global Special Interest Group, Portland, OR
- Wells Fargo Company (includes working with employee models on delivering a fashion show using this methodology), Portland, OR
- Women’s Leadership Conference, Portland, OR 2014
“Hi Lillian, I can’t tell you how much your guidance and advice has helped me. I feel great and have more fun with my wardrobe than ever before. My career has grown, my health, and particularly my skin, has improved, and my relationship with my boyfriend is thriving. Thank you so much for your amazing consultation last year.” – Ivana P.
“Lillian’s gentle approach and intuitive process really worked well for me. The whole process was educational, inspiring, and fun. Everything was customized to my individual Feng Shui fashion needs based on a comprehensive assessment that guided the consultation. Lillian brings her energy, knowledge, and passion to her Feng Shui Your Wardrobe consultation that made me feel more optimistic and confident to achieve my life’s aspirations. My new colors have boosted my confidence, and increased my energy and attractiveness.” – Stephanie S.
“I wanted you to know that I think the Feng Shui Your Wardrobe methodology worked for me! I transitioned into a fixed term faculty position in June with a good salary and benefits. It’s been crazy busy, with ups and downs but I enjoy what I do and I feel more secure. I am still looking for a truly deep connection and romance, and I am hopeful for what the year may bring. I can’t thank you enough for doing my assessment and helping me with my wardrobe. I’ve been wearing more red/pink, green and gold/yellow and not only do I love it, but I always get compliments when I do.” – Denise G.
- Lillian A. Tsai, Wardrobe Goddess and Founder Feng Shui Your Wardrobe