An Optimist’s Hope for the Arts
Eloise Damrosch was appointed Executive Director of the Regional Arts & Culture Council in 2004 after serving as Director of Public Art for 17 years. She continues to lead the Public Art Program while also building on RACC’s 17 years of exceptional service to the local arts community with an annual budget of approximately $10 million. Recently RACC launched an extremely successful workplace giving program, Work for Art, which raised $914,000 for regional arts organizations last year. RACC also is leading a tri-county arts education initiative, The Right Brain Initiative, to return curriculum integrated arts experiences into every public school classroom.
Eloise had a leadership role in the November, 2012 passage of a ballot measure creating the new Arts Education and Access Fund, which will raise through a modest income tax over $10 million new dollars to restore art and music teachers to every Portland elementary school; strengthen arts organizations; and provide education and access grants to schools and non-profits for increased access to the arts.
Eloise has earned a local and national reputation as a respected arts administrator while helping create one of the best-known public art collections in the country. She also advises public art projects nationally. From 1987 to 1995, Damrosch served as Commissioner -- and later Chair -- of the Oregon Arts Commission. She graduated Phi Beta Kappa from Wellesley College and earned an M.A. in Art History from Columbia University. She is a member of the United States Urban Arts Federation, and serves on the Board of the Non-profit Association of Oregon.
Please join us back at the Portland City Grill. The program will begin promptly at noon so give yourself some time to network by arriving at 11:30.
Your ticket includes parking validation at either of these 2 parking garages for 2.5 hours by Portland City Grill:
- Parking is in the lower level of the Unico US Bank Tower, entrance at 5th and Pine
- And across the street at 4th and Pine. Parking is free for the first 2½ hours with validation
Alternative Parking for Portland City Grill that is NOT validated:
- Central Parking System - 310 SW 4th Avenue
- Star Park - 610 SW Alder St.
- Smart Park Garages - 808 SW Stark St.
- Alder Street Parking Garage - 615 SW Alder St.
- City Center Parking - 130 SW Stark St.
- Ace Parking - 550 SW Park Ave
- Smart Park - 730 SW 10th Ave
- Smart Park Garages - 818 SW 4th Ave
- Pearl Garage - 1111 NW Davis St.
- Fox Tower Parking Garage - SW Taylor
Bookings are closed for this event.