Human trafficking, including sex and labor trafficking, is a growing problem in Oregon, due in part to the traffic permitted by Interstates I-5 and I-84 and the Willamette and Columbia rivers and the state’s large seasonal farming community. Some observers claim that Portland has one of the largest sex industries of any city in the United States. In 2005, Multnomah County received a six-year grant to coordinate and improve efforts to reduce human trafficking.
Keri Wilborn-Hadley currently has the title of trafficking program specialist with Multnomah County and has extensive experience providing trainings to providers in the area. She has provided sex trafficking training to local law enforcement, medical providers, corrections staff, academic institutions, shelter agencies, victim service providers and community members.
Her focus is three fold: address the root causes of trafficking, introduce methods of best practices to those likely (or already) serving this population and encourage a collaborative approach to providing wrap-around support to victims/survivors who are a part of our community
Keri is a native to the Portland, Oregon area. Working at both Portland Community College Women’s Resource Center and the Sexual Assault Resource Center (SARC), she has over five years of experience providing direct support to survivors of domestic trafficking. Additionally, Keri contracted with Clackamas County to implement their pilot project to begin providing sex trafficking services to minors in their jurisdiction.
Your ticket includes parking validation at either of these 2 parking garages for 2.5 hours by Portland City Grill:
- Parking is in the lower level of the Unico US Bank Tower, entrance at 5th and Pine (note if the Parking Full Sign is posted, please proceed and let the valet know you are attending a Portlandia Club event).
- And across the street at 4th and Pine. Parking is free for the first 2½ hours with validation
Alternative Parking for Portland City Grill that is NOT validated:
- Central Parking System - 310 SW 4th Avenue
- Star Park - 610 SW Alder St.
- Smart Park Garages - 808 SW Stark St.
- Alder Street Parking Garage - 615 SW Alder St.
- City Center Parking - 130 SW Stark St.
- Ace Parking - 550 SW Park Ave
- Smart Park - 730 SW 10th Ave
- Smart Park Garages - 818 SW 4th Ave
- Pearl Garage - 1111 NW Davis St.
- Fox Tower Parking Garage - SW Taylor
Looking forward to seeing everyone there!
Bookings are closed for this event.